|SOURCE: NASCAR Media|
Edwards, the defending winner of the event, qualified 13th in the 23-car field. He was running with the leaders during Segment 2 when his engine exploded entering turn one, causing a small fire underneath the right-front of his car. Edwards, uninjured, then participated in the play-by-play broadcast on SPEED.
*This is Edwards’ second last-place finish in the last three All-Star Races surrounding his win in the 2011 event. In 2010, Edwards’ #99 Aflac Ford was involved in a multi-car accident at the start of the final ten-lap segment.
*The only other drivers to finish last in more than All-Star Race are Kyle Petty (1989, 1993), Greg Sacks (1986, 1988), and Rusty Wallace (1990, 2002).
THE BOTTOM FIVE
23) #99-Carl Edwards / 25 laps / engine
22) #16-Greg Biffle / 67 laps / engine
21) #55-Mark Martin / 90 laps / running
20) #11-Denny Hamlin / 90 laps / running / led 16 laps
19) #47-Bobby Labonte / 90 laps / running
Thank you to everyone for your votes and support!
Post a Comment